Help with new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadewzee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help please! I just started taking care of a 90 gallon tank because the owner is no longer able to. This tank was just recently started and based on what I've been reading I believe that some of the fish that are currently in it should not be tank mates. Here is a list of the fish currently in the tank >

Yellow Labidochromis - 2
Moori Firecracker - 1
Electric Blue Johanni - 2
Flavescent Peacock Cichlid - 2 males
Apache Peacock - 2 males
Lemon Jake Peacock - 2 males & 1 Female

I think they are all male except for the female lemon. Do I need to separate some of these or will they be OK?

Hello and welcome!

Although I will not be of much help with the fish stocking, I have a great resource for you to learn some solid information on making sure the tank is going to be cycled and safe for your fish when the stocking gets figured out.

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

also these are link with the first article but here...
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
Fish-in Cycling: Step over into the dark side - Aquarium Advice

Likewise I know almost nothing about cichlids but until someone who does comes along have you tried plugging the stocking into aqadvisor? That calculator has its flaws but it can give you some good warnings of fish that may not go well together or need certain conditions.

Back
Top Bottom