Help witha scheduale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frickmiester

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey every one I am leaving my 90 gallon tank for six months while I deploy and have left my faince In charge of taking care of my cichlids could some one help me make an easy chart or scheduale or checklist for her to fallow and some tips so I can feel assured I will see them alive and happy when I return any thing would would be awesome thanks so much in advance !!!!

Hey every one I am leaving my 90 gallon tank for six months while I deploy and have left my faince In charge of taking care of my cichlids could some one help me make an easy chart or scheduale or checklist for her to fallow and some tips so I can feel assured I will see them alive and happy when I return any thing would would be awesome thanks so much in advance !!!!

Ill start one for you she will need to do a partial water change every 3 days because water is involved she should have on a tight white tank top while doing it to make sure nothing contaminates the water the residue from laundry detergent is bad for the fish, it is also important that she test the temp of the water going into the tank the best way to do this is to slash her shirt with it before putting it into the tank then she will need to take a picture and send it to you so that you can judge if the water is too cold

Just make sure they know to clean it once a week so if its Friday for example than every Friday would be the day scheduled to clean it. And specify that they get right into the gravel to get out any waste, make sure they clean the filter out too and add any additives. Make sure they will have enough of the products you use regularly for the time you will be gone fish food, water additives, and medications like ich guard (incase needed its there and easy to find). At least once a day the person should give the tank a quick look over just to make sure everything's in order and the fish are healthy. Make sure they know the basics

Honestly the best thin to do is write down what you are doing now and then find any places things can be split or combined to fit her schedule. How often and how much do you currently change the water how often do you change the filters what things do you add to the tank and in what amount.

Is the tank in a shared house or will she need to make a special trip this will make a big impact on the prep work

So far I have this

Feed six times a week as so no pellets sink to the very bottum

Clean the tank once a week 20 gallon water change

Test the water every other week / log results and email me
(She is bio environmental she can easily do this)

Examin the tank in the morning. Look for possible illness like unusual spots ect ect or abnormal behavior

Once a month clean canister ( replace carbon)

Replace carbon in overflow filter not the se time as canister tank

Same house i just wanted to simplify as much as possible for her so she wouldn't forget or anything

Same house i just wanted to simplify as much as possible for her so she wouldn't forget or anything

That will make things much easier be sure to go over the treatment for tap water either buy an 8 month supply of everything you need or set up auto shipments with amazon. She lives in the house so should know how the fish normally act and will know of things have changed. I have had good luck with the leave in sensor packs

Are you talking about the lil circles theat stick to the inside ? How accurate are those

And she is amazing with the test kit I have she does soil , water and air sample testing so she is good with that and I have a thermometer on the side of the tank

I have it written down thy he wants to between 79 and 82 degrees no colder or hotter and ph of 8.2 and o ommonia o nitrites and less them 40 ppm for nitrites and if its over to do a water change and to not over feed and how to clean the filters so as not to kill all the bacteria and send it into a new cycle

Back
Top Bottom