Help. Young maingano with hole in head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I am the same way. I rarely get treatments, because like you said, with good water quality and nutrition, you won't have many problems, and any you do usually go away on their own. But when it does it get bad, like the OP's fish, you need to do something.
I am basing this mostly on my experience with my very old Jack Dempsey. It took over 2 months to cure him, I did a round of general cure, and it got better, then it got worse. I maintained perfect water quality, and it still got worse, so I did an extended general cure treatment, and it got better, but the wound site became more infected, so I used Melafix and it went away. But it was a long, hard, difficult road to get him back to normal.
He was old enough maybe he had cancer, or a compromised immune system, but it was rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thought I'd post back with an update. Turns out the hole was a battle wound (believe it or not). It healed very quickly ( a few days). Water has finally cycled and everyone is happy and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom