Heroina isonycterina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbourg746

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't give these guys enough recognition but they are easily some of my favorite fish in my tanks.

Attachments

• image-4181952307.jpg
    image-4181952307.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3207167291.jpg
    image-3207167291.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 79
Any fry yet?

Funny you should ask cause I'm really questioning whether they are a pair or both males. They were inseparable up to last week now they stay on opposite sides of the tank. They have the same basic body shape and I haven't went as far as venting yet but it looks like I may have to now. My buddy's pair has spawned now at least 4 times so getting a female will be no problem.

If they're not a pair then I'd start over, trying to get females to catch up to males in terms of growth rate is tough. Most good breeders seperate the females to let them grow out since producing eggs drastically slows down their growth, the larger the females the larger the spawn will be.

If they're not a pair then I'd start over, trying to get females to catch up to males in terms of growth rate is tough. Most good breeders seperate the females to let them grow out since producing eggs drastically slows down their growth, the larger the females the larger the spawn will be.

He has several "females" left from this spawn so when I go see him on Thursday I will pick up 3. He picked out the smaller fry at around 1" and put them in their own grow out tank then sold most of the males. If not I'll take your advise and start over with a group of 5 or so from the latest spawn.

Back
Top Bottom