Hi From GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmedic25

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Welcome to AA!
Nice tank, but i think you should prob rehome your common pleco and find another species that doesn't get as big if you really want a pleco in your tank.

Yeah I need to figure out what to do with the big pleco. Hes really lazy he just waits on the algae tab or a zuch. I had him in a 36 until a few weeks ago. I cant afford to get a bigger tank right now. I really dont want to get rid of him, but I want him to be happy. I wonder if hes lazy because hes cramped in the 75?

All of my pleco's have been very lazy during the days. They are more active at night.

Well how big is he? it's not an emergency to re-home him until he's too big, they can grow up to 2 feet! They have a very large bioload too, so it's hard to keep parameters in check when they are in a smaller tank.

Hes about 12 inches...I have a bunch of filtration. So im ok there, The mubnas are all babies still so I have some time

He will about double that size, if you don't stunt him. Fish don't grow to the size of the tank, that's a misconception. They become stunted with hurts them.

Common's belong in 125+ or ponds. ;)

But no worries!! There's plenty of other beautiful Pleco's that will work in a tank like that, like others suggested.

It's not any sort of emergency, he'll be fine in there for a while.

Back
Top Bottom