Hmm muli's ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ninjafish40

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been thinking of getting some muli's for my 36 gal any tips ?

Hmmm, so many questions to ask first:
1) what is a muli? Do you mean a "multie" as in neolamprologus multifasciatus?
2.) what are the parameters of the tank? Ph, hardness, etc.
3.) what is the filtration
4.) what is the tank setup like (a full tank shot would be good)
5.) what are the tank mates (if any)

Let's start with those questions, the last being the most important in deciding IMO

The levels will be good by the time I get the fish im thinking 2 male maybe 5 female give or take in both numbers and it will only have guppies (if they don't get eaten) here's a pic (it's pretty bare but it will have the fake stuff gone and I will be adding sand and some shells for the fry) and there the shell dweller cichlids

Attachments

• image-1913188114.jpg
    image-1913188114.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 87
And as far as filter it's just a standard one that came with the tank

That tank would need a big change: switch to sand, remove all the fake stuff( I say replace with holey rock), obviously add shells (more important for the adults than just fry actually) and no to the guppies. They will slowly be bullied to death, mine torture ghost shrimp so they no longer have any go into their tank

A bare tank is better, mine has 2 pieces of holey rock and about 12-13 shells, and a few anubias weaves into the holey rock. They love to dig, so they rearrange the tank anyways

I surprisingly do not right now and won't be home for a few days, but let me try and see if I can find the thread I've posted pics in

I surprisingly do not right now and won't be home for a few days, but let me try and see if I can find the thread I've posted pics in

I'd also love to see it. I had plans to set up a Multie tank at work but I am suppose to keep the tank size down around a 5.5g.

I keep 4 adults, 3 females and 1 stud of a male lol they all have some fry right now, but other than fry, NOTHING is allowed in the tank, just killed a baby lemon drop pleco I was growing out in their tank. Also killed another female I had tried to introduce

I keep 4 adults, 3 females and 1 stud of a male lol they all have some fry right now, but other than fry, NOTHING is allowed in the tank, just killed a baby lemon drop pleco I was growing out in their tank. Also killed another female I had tried to introduce

What are the dimensions on your tank?

It's a fluval edge, I can post a pic either on tomorrow or Sunday, as I'm currently in Chicago to celebrate my stepbrother graduating from Naval boot camp. It's a rather small tank, and I wish I had a bigger one for them, but it gets the job done and my 4 seem perfectly happy, each occupying their own corner of the tank

Back
Top Bottom