Holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garfy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well i think i might have my first holding cichlid :)
One of my female yellow labs has begun to hide in the plants and rocks.
Just below her mouth is quite distended (her throat i guess you`d say.
I`m trying to get a good picture to post but everytime i get close enough to take a picture she hides lol.
She hes been behaving like this for a couple of days now,fingers crossed :)

Is she eatting from what you have described she sounds like she might be! Congrats

Hmmmm.... Dose she eat after everyone else eats nd picks after whats left?

Difficult to say.She might get some frozen brine shrimp.I tend to let the cube thaw a bit before i put it in so it spreads about stopping one greedy fish eating the lot lol.As for the pellets it`s a free for all at the top of the tank.Any suggestions on how to get a little food to her?

Idk a turky baster put som tank water in a bucket nd put some food in it nd take the turky baster nd get the food nd water in it nd put it above her, nd release the food... Thats wat id do but id get a new one so u dont contaminat ur water

heyoo
congrats!! any chance of a pic there? btw they will not eat during holding, if they are then its a bad sign. just before my OB zebra gave up, she attempted to eat around her eggs in her mouth. one morning nothing and blatantly expected food lol. lazy fish :p

I'm trying to get a picture but she's hiding good and my I-phone doesn't take the best pics.But I will keep trying.Is it normal for the male to keep an eye on her?

My male did, he chased away any others that would come near her that lasted for about a day after breeding

get alot of plants and holey rock down on the substrate, if u have a bottom feeder u may want to move it to a diff tank, simply for fry protection and ability to get access to more food. its great to see nature doing the work, but nature also lets predators get their prey.... good luck anyway x
btw what do u have in there for protection?

Back
Top Bottom