Holding females dig?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

So I just placed my blue zebra in her new bigger 5 gallon retangular home. Shes quite content!!! Im so happy. She was holding but now shes digging is this a sign that shes close to releasing her fry

Nope, i've never heard that before. Has she ever held before or is this her first time? My guess is that she ate her eggs. It happens with many africans on their first time.

Doubled checked her and she isnt :( this is her 2nd time being unsuccessful. Well since I moved her into the tank by herself maybe ill add the make tomorrow and see what happens

Yup! Don't get discouraged! 90% of my females are unsuccessful their the for the 1st time and even sometimes the 2nd too! I just had 2 of my usisya females eat their eggs, both their second time! She'll get the hang of it soon!

Yup! Don't get discouraged! 90% of my females are unsuccessful their the for the 1st time and even sometimes the 2nd too! I just had 2 of my usisya females eat their eggs, both their second time! She'll get the hang of it soon!

I added the male she usually spawns w theyve been together in the new tank since last night w no probelm. Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom