How do you measure your angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

How do you measure the angelfish? I attached a picture, when you say 3" or 6" are you measuring with the red line (including finnage) or the blue line(body only)?

Attachments

• angel_fish_124.jpg
    angel_fish_124.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 330
When I measure mine, I go by body size (blue line) dime, nickle, quarter, half dollar, etc.

Thats what i thought, mine are only about 2-3" in the body right now (That was an old picture) but when they say they can get UP to 6".. are they talking about just the body?

Yeah, I believe they are talking body length, not height, without finnage.

*edited to correct spelling error* I really need to quit posting so late. lol :roll:

ooooh, that makes so much more sense.. so mouth to tail, not including the tail fin... ok, well, they are about the same around as they are long.. LOL.

With mature angels, often two measurements are quoted, the standard tip of mouth to caudal peduncle measurement, and the dorsal-anal fin tip-to tip measurement....in the case of a single quoted measurement, assume the former.

Toirtis said:
With mature angels, often two measurements are quoted, the standard tip of mouth to caudal peduncle measurement, and the dorsal-anal fin tip-to tip measurement....in the case of a single quoted measurement, assume the former.

nice to see someone using correct anatomical landmarks... gues thats why your an advisor huh :) Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom