How does it look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks really nice. Well done.
How many gallons is it? its hard to tell.
Just the 2 fish? One looks like Jack Dempsey, the other looks like and African cichlid....

It looks really nice. Well done.
How many gallons is it? its hard to tell.
Just the 2 fish? One looks like Jack Dempsey, the other looks like and African cichlid....

Your correct, there is a jack Dempsey and a socolofoli cichlid. I'm going to be adding a couple more cichlids and maybe some type of catfish.

Your correct, there is a jack Dempsey and a socolofoli cichlid. I'm going to be adding a couple more cichlids and maybe some type of catfish.

How big is your tank? (from the photo, your tank looks large...)
JD can grow to about 10 inch.
Socolofoli will grow to 6 inch or so.

So be careful when stocking more. Always keep on mind, the full growth of a fish when stocking.

Also, not to sound like an old nagging granny, but the 2 fish you have are found in different regions, and do require different water conditions. Just keep an eye on your water and try keep it somewhere in between. Never drastically change the water conditions overnight. That would be worse for the fish. If you google each fish specie, you will see the water requirements of each.

How big is your tank?
JD can grow to about 10 inch.
Socolofoli will grow to 6 inch or so.

So be careful when stocking more. Always keep on mind, the full growth of a fish when stocking.

Also, not to sound like an old nagging granny, but the 2 fish you have are found in different regions, and do require different water conditions. Just keep an eye on your water and try keep it somewhere in between. Never drastically change the water conditions overnight. That would be worse for the fish. If you google each fish specie, you will see the water requirements of each.

It is 90 gallons and I understand, but they have lived happily together in my smaller tank for about a year. I'm going to get a pair of convicts and maybe a firemouth.

I think you're pushing it with the JD and the current fish at 90 gallons. 55 for the JD, and a 6 Inch requires at least 29+ gallons. That'd set you at 84. Maybe one firemouth. Or a female con... but I wouldn't.

I think you're pushing it with the JD and the current fish at 90 gallons. 55 for the JD, and a 6 Inch requires at least 29+ gallons. That'd set you at 84. Maybe one firemouth. Or a female con... but I wouldn't.

I heard the jack only needs 40 gallons. But I won't do anything stupid

That African looks like some sort of albino, with those red eyes.

This is a socolofoli

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130828_195617.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130828_195617.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 59
Looks nice to me. Very busy with all the color but nice. I am glad to see others doing CA and Africans together. I hear so many people get bashed fro it and I don't agree. Seems to work out nice.

Back
Top Bottom