How many 3mm pellets a day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
This guy has been eating 4 cubes of blood worms a day on average for thr last 3 years (not my doing) I finally got him to eat pellets but im not sure how many to give a day. Im thinking he only needs 1 feeding a day also. Hes about 11" long 6" high and about 2 1/2 " thick. Looking for some advice from wet pet keepers. Hes very active all day long Never stops to rest. Also what is good to supplement or treat with? A raw shrimp once in a while?
Thanks
attachment.php

I feed until they are no longer aggressively going after the food, this doesn't mean you stop feeding when they stop eating. Drop in a few pellets and watch how aggressive they go after them. When they become a bit less aggressive towards the food they don't need anymore. After a little observation this will make perfect sense.

I would also increase pellets size to at least 6mm, I feed most of big boys 10mm NLS.

Awesome. Thanks HUKIT are you getting the 6 or 10mm local or ordering on line. 3 is the largest I could find but I did not look at aquarium adventure

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My 10" male jag gets 3mm nls and northfin pellets, the larger i go in size from there, the more that is wasted out his gills. Doesn't mean your fish will do the same, but don't be surprised if he makes a bigger mess the larger you go. Having said that, I'll usually drop him anywhere from 8-10 3mm pellets at a time once per day and a few freeze dried krill a couple times a week, skipping a couple days of feeding a week also. Usually try and feed just enough until i can see his belly start to get full, but not to the point that alot of people on youtube feed their large cichlids where it looks like they swallowed a golf ball. That method has worked perfectly for me, he stays active and is always ready to eat.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you JRT83. He does blow a little out the gills.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hukit, I see you put grapes, and figured I'd ask you this, are you ever worried about the toxins in grapes? They are pretty dangerous for dogs and I'm curious if fish have the same issue? Apparently not but figured it was worth bringing up

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hukit, I see you put grapes, and figured I'd ask you this, are you ever worried about the toxins in grapes? They are pretty dangerous for dogs and I'm curious if fish have the same issue? Apparently not but figured it was worth bringing up

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good question Im assuming also they need to be seedless?

Yes I only feed organic seedless grapes and all other fruits and vegetables for that matter so I don't worry about pesticides. Those that know me personally will attest I'm sort of a health nut when it comes to my diet and exercise program.

Doctor Satan!!!

Isn't it the seeds that are bad for dogs, not the grape itself? I think the same is true of apples too.

It is the grapes themselves that can cause kidney failure in dogs. The same thing also applies to raisons which are just dried grapes. Alison:)

Back
Top Bottom