How many angelfish in a 56 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALukens

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm starting up a 56 gallon planted tank, I just finished cycling the tank and added fish yesterday (exciting!) I currently have 5 balloon mollies, 10 glo lite tetras and 3 albino Cory catfish. I want to add in some angelfish but I don't want to overstock my tank, how many angelfish can I comfortably fit in there?

I would start with 5 nickel sized angels and watch them as they grow out. When a pair forms rehome the rest.

Do I need a matched pair if I'm not breeding? I have the balloon mollies to fulfill my need for babies hahahah or am I running the risk of them fighting if I just bring home two from the store?

Do I need a matched pair if I'm not breeding? I have the balloon mollies to fulfill my need for babies hahahah or am I running the risk of them fighting if I just bring home two from the store?

When the angles get some size to them the mollie fry will be snacks.

I'm aware of that, I'm not actually trying to breed anyone I just meant that with balloon mollies babies happen haha

Gotcha I have 2 angels in my 55 that are about 2 years old and i still dont know if i have 2 females or a pair. There have been eggs but they always eat them. They do quite a bit of bickering and occasional lip lock but never hurt each other.

Back
Top Bottom