How many convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I have a empty 55 gal tank with a emperor 400 and my dad wants to put it at his shop. How many breeding pairs could I have in this tank? Thanks guys. Also it is a standard 4 ft tank. Ph of tap there is 7.0. I'm using prime also.

Hi,
I am not trying to discourage you but I can tell you from personal experience that a breeding pair of convicts will quickly overun a 55g once they get going. I will almost mention that the fry and adolescents are almost impossible to give away at least that was my experience and you will be doing this frequently as they spawn like rabbit's. I got rid of the pair in the end due to these facts.

Sent from my C811 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea I'm aware thanks for the warning tho. I have means of the fry I'm going to sell some and will feed some to my other fish such as my angels... If you would recommend a fish what would it be? I want somthing eye catching

I myself enjoy my gouramis and rainbows due to their colors. But if I could do over I would have to say Discus.

Sent from my C811 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not sure how big of a tank, research this before you take my suggestion, a pair of green terrors ?

Back
Top Bottom