How many feeder fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finnylegend55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a feeder fish for my 4 1/2 inch oscars and they loved it so I bought about 20 more today. I was just wondering how many I should feed them, and how often. I also feed them chichlid gold pellets and meal worms. I keep the feeders in a 10 gallon tank in my basement with heater or filter, but I do feed them. Will they die before I can feed them to my oscars in time?

Thanks,
Louis

It's best to save the feeders for a rare treat than a daily staple. Leave it to the pellets formulated for that purpose.

You need to treat the feeders just like you would any other fish you are keeping.

i agree with jet, ESP if they are feeeder comets which contain an enzyme that breaks down vitamin b and can cause malnutrition. my 10 inch Oscar gets pellets every day with feeder gups or snails occasionally, and every 6 months i will but a dollars worth of feeder comets and give them to her over 6-8 weeks as a treat. she also gets cooked lean meats like chicken and hamburger as treats once in a while, and loves apple and grapes. i am currently working on breeding snails so she will have them more often, and am looking into buying a self cloning cray to breed for feeders as well, but she would still get her pellets every day as the main part of her diet as they have all the nutrients they need to be healthy. good luck with ur babies! i love mine!

Back
Top Bottom