How many fish can I put in a 30 gallon aka cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jahonnimyfav101

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 1/2 black cichlid 1in white,black, and yellow and a 2in yellow and a 1 in cat fish

I have a 1/2 black cichlid 1in white,black, and yellow and a 2in yellow and a 1 in cat fish

Wow that's incredibly general, can you break it down into more common names ie: convict, yellow lab, Cory cat, etc.....

Ok uhhh it's thick skinn, lemon peel x yellow lab, baby hongi or rusty, silver catfish

For right now it will be okay. But you'll need to upgrade once they get bigger.

Never heard of a lemon peel cichlid, in fact, there isn't a cichlid that goes by that common name

I've heard electric yellows be called lemon peel, but he says it's a hybrid between the two... So I honestly don't know what he's talking about either. But 30 gallons is to small for the rest of the stock when they mature, no matter what it is.

I'm with freak gecko, I've never heard anyone call any type of cichlid (hybrid or no) a "lemon peel".

Regardless of the lemon peel cichlid's identity,

Your tank is fully stocked now. The fish would be better off in a bigger tank. Sooner or later, health problems will emerge.

Just asking for advice. I love this hobby, ps. There is a lemon pell thank you. If your such a expert prove it

And Gus's what I got pic and just incase u don't know what they look like then look at thisImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397566968.723010.jpgand I was doing research and this is what I came byImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397567000.129603.jpg

Anyone can make up a common name for a fish. You should see the ridiculousness that shows up on wholesale lists. Furthermore, there are some common names that refer to more than one species. Common names tell us practically nothing.

The fish in the photo is Neolamprologus leleupi. It is a Tanganyikan cichlid, and not a hybrid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom