How many use UV sterilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love mine, noticed a huge difference in water clarity, but you need at least a 24w to kill pathogens.

Ty both ill def be getting one!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of my cannisters has a built in UV but I'm not going to use it because I am keeping ceramic media in both cannisters. This cannister (700gph) was not designed for media so the UV is sitting right where I added the media...that ain't going to work.

However after a lot of reading and researching I am adding an inline UV on the intake of my second cannister (500gph), this cannister also has media but I can't see how a UV on the intake would harm the bacteria.

At least that's today's line of thought

MeCasa

I can't run mine 24/7 since it tends to increase my temp by a couple degrees. I already run at 79*F, 83*F is pretty harsh on some of my inhabitants. Generally only at night if my water gets a little off clear or if I see algae blooming.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i use one and i think it helps. i havent had any weird problems or any disease ever, no green water. fish seem to be happy and water crystal clear

Back
Top Bottom