How often should i do a wc??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have a 75gal tank with 2-marineland penguin 350 filters(each for up to 70 gal) and 2-200 watt heaters
3-convicts(almost breeding:))
3-firemouth
1-jack Dempsey
11-tiger barbs
5-6-mollies(fry as food that survived!!:))
All still very small! About an inch(for the jack) to 3(for the firemouth)

Your gonna get a lots of different answers for this. I have 125 and do 40%(+) every 2 weeks and my tank seems OK. I'd like to do that same amount every week but life gets busy ya know. I'd say around 30% - 50% weekly just to throw out numbers. Your load is kinda heavy; even tho the fish r small. This depends on feeding and waste of course.

I feed once or twice a day ( depending on my mood:)) usually flake food or small cichlid pelets with the occasional blood worms and brine shrimp:)

I would recommend 50% weekly. You've got some fish with large bioloads. I do 50% on all my tanks, no matter the stock.

IMO, the best was is to test daily and when levels reach near toxic levels, do a 50% water change. Your fish will get used to it if it is done on a schedule. Eventually, you will find your
schedule.

On my 55g, with just 8 Mbipia cf Lutea spotbar, every 4 days...

Toxic levels...Ammonia .25, NitrItes .25, and NitrAtes 40...

Depending on stock and I would do one or two 35-50% PWC a week. I do at least a 50% once a week on my 125 wether it needs it or not.

Agree with lynda B. Even I did 50% wc weekly. It help to keep the parameters great. And ofcourse keep my fish happy too.

I, personally, am the queen of wc's so I may be of no help lol, I enjoy wc time and do it often. Fresh water can't hurt anything as far as I know :)

Back
Top Bottom