HUKIT need your help buddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garfy

Aquarium Advice Addict
On Saturday I'm swapping my smallest male Festae for two females.
My quandary is should I add both females to the remaining male? There is also a trio of convicts with him.
I have a 4x2x2 with another trio of convicts in which I could add one of the females to if that would be better.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would add both males as that will potentially split the aggression between the two females if he wants to . Then if he accepts one you'll more than likely have to remove the other female. My females were always more aggressive than the males.

Pictures please!

The new females are a lot smaller than my male.He's 3-4 times bigger so I'm not risking them with him till I've grown them out a bit.Pretty washed out after their 4 hour journey so I'll get pics tomorrow when they've coloured up a bit.

The three females that were breeding size were always far more aggressive than the males who were twice their size. I have friends who have experienced the opposite with some hyper aggressive males.

This 6" witch claimed nearly 60" of landscape in a 72" tank essentially cornering every fish including other who were twice the size.

27198-albums1492-picture58301.jpg

These two I'd say are 3-4" whilst he's over 7" I think it may be wise to wait.Although I could give it a go and keep a close eye out ready to pull the plug.

Back
Top Bottom