I cant make up my mind for the 150gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ughhh! I cant make uo my mind for the 150g tank i am getting lol. First i want to try and breed festae but that would be two fish in a big tank. Now i want to do one "big" show fish and a bunch of other fish like firemouths and convicts.
X1 festae
X1 tiger oscar
X2 firemouth
X4 convicts
Any replies and suggestions will be very helpful

P.s my mom just said no breeding pair because thats just two fish in a big tank lmao

garfy said:
I wouldn't advise keeping a Festae and an Oscar in the same tank.

Agreed. Your show fish is either the Oscar or the Festae, it shouldn't be both. The Festae is much more aggressive out of the two, so keep that in mind when picking the tankmates.

I wouldn't do the red terrors with others. They get big and super aggressive. The Oscar and jack might work, but it depends on the fishes personalities. But I wouldn't put those three in a 150 anyways, that's just not enough room. I would reccomed a red Severum to replace the red terror. How about 1 red Severum, 1 electric blue jack, 1 fire mouth, and a couple big catfish

I wouldn't do the red terrors with others. They get big and super aggressive. The Oscar and jack might work, but it depends on the fishes personalities. But I wouldn't put those three in a 150 anyways, that's just not enough room. I would reccomed a red Severum to replace the red terror. How about 1 red Severum, 1 electric blue jack, 1 fire mouth, and a couple big catfish

Did I read that right? Replace a Festae with a red severum and an electric blue JD? Where's the unlike button.

Isn't a mature EBJD the equivalent of a unicorn or four leaf clover.

Isn't a mature EBJD the equivalent of a unicorn or four leaf clover.

Darn near the equivalent, I won't bother them any longer. Things are as fragile as glass, I compare them to Santa Claus...you always hear about him but never actually see him in person.

Last edited:
I have 1 in my grow out tank and love it.Thinking about getting a few more.Mines about 3" at the moment but already a plucky little so and so!!

Back
Top Bottom