I.D. on this peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMRC Exotics

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, just curious if anyone can id this peacock cichlid. I've owned him for over a year, currently he is around 3.5 inches. He was sold to me by a breeder at a LFS, the guy bred a few strains of cichlids that he said were high quality purebred fish but he has this practice of breeding them and placing all the juvies of similar size in sale tanks in the store together. There were several different species of cichlids in the display tank but he said he could differentiate them. This was sold to me as Aulonocara jacobfreibergi, but I am unsure as he seems a little too heavy bodied and the finnage doesn't quite match, specifically the rear of the dorsal.

Its no big deal, I'm just curious (not breeding or anything). So post your thoughts, hazard a guess, inform me if there's no way of knowing, all posts are welcomed. Sorry for the lengthy intro.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426270161619.jpg
    1426270161619.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 1426270181772.jpg
    1426270181772.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 121
I know next to nothing about most Africans but he's a great looking fish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks a lot mike. He is my favorite fish I've ever owned based solely on personality. He is the one of the most social and intelligent fish I have seen. He is so entertaining to watch. He moves mountains too, I think my Oscar aquascaped less than this guy.

Jacobfreibergi (spelled that all wrong I'm sure) red Jacob, and he is a beautiful one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Poseidon thanks you all. He really is an awesome fish. My cell camera isn't great but my wife got a few good shots with her phone. Her camera does his blue more justice but it kinda washes out the red.

Attachments

• 1426452872652.jpg
    1426452872652.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 94
  • 1426452892558.jpg
    1426452892558.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom