i had to bite my tongue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cogburn

Aquarium Advice Freak
so wifey and i go into local tattoo shop friday night... they have a fish tank... so of course thats the first thing i look at... 35 gal tall tank... stocked with 2 huge oscars... 6 bloody red parrots... 4 black convicts and a common pleco... i wanted sooooooo bad to rip into them and tell them everything they were doing wrong but i had to bite my tongue... and the artist that upkeeps the tank is telling me about all the research he did on the fish so he could get compatible species... apparently he had no idea what he's talking about... oh.... and he had a whisper 30 filter on it... i was appalled.... wanted to break in there and put the fish in a better environment... it was pitiful...

edit: he also had so many decorations and fake plants in it that the oscars couldnt even turn around...

Hahaa... thats good... the joke... not the fish! I hate when you see things like that, but like you said, not much you can do. My dentist has a horribly overstocked setup that I've talked to him about many many times. I went to school with his son a while back... still will not take my advice :( Probably 15+ cichlids in a 20 long.

oh man... i blame the lfs... why dont they try to ask the setup then dissuade people from making mistakes that will harm the fish... i talked to a VERY knowledgable guy at petsmart yesterday... i trusted him... took a card and wrote down the hours he works so i can talk to him and him only... i trusted him and he knew alot of stuff... and he was very helpful with us and the tortoise my wife wants to get... nice to see someone at a big chain like that that knows their stuff

Just backhand him across the cheek, then run really fast while squeeling " MOMMY!".

I never noticed fish tanks much before, until I started to get into the hobby. Now anytime I see a tank that isn't mine. I want to stick my hands in it and start moving things around. Makes me really sad to see fish that are not taken care of, and people who know nothing about them!

Back
Top Bottom