I have a feeling this wont work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, as you can see from the topic on this discussion. I believe that this will not work, but I want others opinions before I do anything. One of my siblings has a 5inch dollar sunfish that she wants to get rid of. Tropical tank is out, because it would be a bloody massacre. Cichlid tank, I don't know. I mean it's a wild caught fish and has been living in a 20 gallon by itself. Mixing it with Africans and south Americans, I think would not work. But your opinions would be great.

So the tank would have BOTH south American and Africans? This will not work. But if I misread, I'm sorry. Putting the sunfish with Africans seems like a bad idea. Not sure on the south Americans.

The tank has both south American and African cichlids. That's what I thought a sunfish with cichlids. It's like a bad science experiment about to go wrong.

Hannibal the Bichir said:
I decided, even though it's coloration was outstanding. To let it go in my local pond. :(

WAIT!!! Is this the body of water the fish came from originally? If so, than go ahead. If not put it back in the same body of water you found it in. You do not want to expose any pathogens to a new body of water.

Back
Top Bottom