I have a question about Brichardi's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morningman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently aquired a breeding pair of Brichardi Cichlids. I have them alone in a 30 gallon breeder with a sand bottom, and plenty of caves. The PH is 8.5, the hardness is to an African's liking andthey're getting plenty of high protein foods. They've started to dig a pit in the sand beside one of the rock formations. Are there any other signs that would indicate that they are about to spawn? Will they clean the site like my Angels/Discus?

I recently aquired a breeding pair of Brichardi Cichlids.They've started to dig a pit in the sand beside one of the rock formations. Are there any other signs that would indicate that they are about to spawn? Will they clean the site like my Angels/Discus?
I've never kept A/D. When I had a breeding pair of Brichardi, they always surprised me with fry. Mine never bothered with the sand out of their caves and I could not see into the caves.

We have a breding pair set up. I was about to give up hope on them until I came home one day and my wife told me they did it.
They spawned in a cave with 7.2 ph and near neutral soft water, which I was surprised. They just spawned and I didn't know until the female was guarding the cave. Now they won't stop spawnig, I have 2 10 full of fry.
Good Luck
Jay

Back
Top Bottom