I just know my girlfriend is going to kill me. 60g cichlid journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
like the tank. I have a 55 gallon lake Malawi tank with peacocks and mbuna. I consider mine like sharks at feeding time. They grab one piece of food swim away and come back for more and repeat the process. Also I recommend that if you live near a mountain you can pick up some nice rocks there. I have about 10 planning to get more soon.

Peacocks and mbuna is a recipe for disaster... just sayin...

Rope worm wont survive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

True. It dries white but I'll have to be artistic so I don't see it. Also I don't have any silicone on hand, so I'll try this later tonight and update with results lol

Also, wondering what kinds food I should have. I got omega cichlid flake. What else is a good staple

I should be working right now...

I'm arguing about peacocks and mbuna and Ropefish. First of all I have the more peaceful kinds of mbuna and I always rearrange the decor when i get new fish to break up territories and reduce agression. Second of all the fish are scared of the Ropefish and he is always tucked away in some hidden spot that only I can get to with tweezers to feed him.

Lil update.

Added more cichlid rock. Man that stupid epoxy was junk and it stinks. The lab is really enjoying it though. Holes seem kinda small... For the future, won't the cichlids knock this all around when they get larger??

Gonna add in some lava rock soon. And manzanita. Wish I had time before work to get to the LFS.

Also, my filter arrived! :D

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425802963348.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425802963348.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 65
  • uploadfromtaptalk1425803067435.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425803067435.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 70

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425803205400.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425803205400.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 77
For all the mbuna with haps haters out there... Rustys, labs and acei work well with haps/peacocks

I'm not dead set on peacocks lol. How do you like the rock work? Feels like so much wasted space. Kinda imagine two large manzanita branches and a bunch of lava rock along the bottom. Sound good? Debating on tossing in some fake plants too.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425805253996.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425805253996.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 68
Also, wondering what kinds food I should have. I got omega cichlid flake. What else is a good staple

I should be working right now...

A food that is low in protein and made primarily of veg matter. Spirulina, kale, etc.

Frozen "emerald entree", dried greens you can hang in the tank with a clip, and i use new life spectrum cichlid pellets cause from what i remember, omega products are higher in protein.

I'm not dead set on peacocks lol. How do you like the rock work? Feels like so much wasted space. Kinda imagine two large manzanita branches and a bunch of lava rock along the bottom. Sound good? Debating on tossing in some fake plants too.

There is a lot of wasted space and really to fill that, you're gonna end up vearing away from their natural habitat of rocks and sand. I went through this struggle cause i really wanted to stick to the natural look.

Driftwood in the background and some branches is cool! Lava rock is fine but i like the rocks you have. Just find bigger and different shaped rocks.

Fake plants are something i found i had to use too... just needed the color.

Ever thought of your back glass color or picture? I painted mine.

These are all just opinions and suggestions. Dont have to follow any of it

Looks good. Nothing sustainable here. Waiting on Thursday to roll around for another big update.

Just wanna show off how crystal clear the water is...you can see straight into my tropical suffering a bacteria bloom [emoji38]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425894088480.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425894088480.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 58
Also anybody got a suggestion on fake plants? Can't help but think they're tacky, however I've seem some convincing stuff here.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425897716.408317.jpg

This is my 45g with fake plants. Just pick the ones that look natural. And avoid the "carpet" ones. In my experience they collect a ton of waste and it's hard to get it out eventually leading to problems down the road.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom