I’m back! Help me build my new 75g African Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirrilah fish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Apartment life had me take down all of my tanks. But I finally have a new house, a new tank, and a new plan!

I’m super excited to do this right! I learned from all my mistakes early on.

Right now I’m at least 3 months before I actually start cultivating the fish that will ultimately be my new pets, but in the meantime of cleaning, repairing, painting, decorating, and cycling, (I’m literally only putting in tetras, platys, and goldfish, for probably 2 months after 2 weeks (at-least) of just vacant cycling, and setting up my 10g as a quarantine tank)
I’m not screwing around. Nothing but gorgeous, healthy fish.

Where I’m looking for input right now is cultivating my list. For 75g, I’m lookin for a “low” Maintenance setup, with an all male, “stocked-enough” group to minimize aggressive. So I’m planning on keeping it to a strict. 18 cichlids, with 1-2 “cleaners”

In my last tank, I did make some less-than recommended mixes, and honestly, I’m probably going to do it again. There’s just those couple of fish that I just MUST have, even though they’re not the best tank mates.

So here’s what I’m thinking, and id love some input, especially if there’s fish that share similar characteristics, but might make better mates than what’s on the list.

Wants:
Haplochromis fryeri (electric blue)
Haplochromis Fuscotaniatus (fusco)
Lethrinops intermedius
Lethrinops Itungi
Lethrinops Albus
Otopharanx Lithobates (yellow blaze)
Aulonocara Maylandi Sulpherhead
Aulonocara Chiwindi
Aulonocara nkhomo-benga
Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi (eureka red)
Aulonocara rubescens
Aulonocara “Lwanda”
Aulonocara Kandeense
Protomelus Taeniolatus
Protomelus stevani Taiwan Reef

And these ones, that probably aren’t Great tank mates, but I had them before and it worked, and I want to try again.

Labidochromis sp Hongi
Albino Socolofi
Pundamilia Nyererie
Pseudotropheus Lambordoi

And my ultimate stretch to get in there, even though it’s probably not a good idea

Tropheus Molino

For some cleaners, I’ve never had these, but I’m really curious about:

Synodontis petricola and
Syncrossis berdmorei

Anyway, I’ll post many things as I start setting up my tank, and getting it running. This is going to be an epic tank, that I’m excited to build with you all over the next several months.

What do you think of my goals?

Back
Top Bottom