I need some opinions plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debnamj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Current specs:1 female kenyi ( 2 inch )
1 albino zebra ( 2 inch )
1 red empress ( 2.5 inch )
1 Venestus ( 1.5 inch)
1 bumble bee ( 1 inch)
2 nyererei ( breeding pair 1 inch)

There currently in a 37 gallon with 50% water changes a week.i plan on a 150 to 200 gallon within a year.

My previous experience with cichlids are owning a breeding pair of red devils , so honestly im in foreign territory.

Okay here is question. With the current species of cichlids in there and the projected up grade can i put more fish? Is overstocking good? And what Should i add ? Agression seems non existence .

I'm no expert on African cichlids, but I would say adding more would be a bad idea. Fish can grow quite a bit in a year, and there's already plenty in there for a 37g. There's not much room to hide or get away from aggressors with that footprint, so I would hold off. The fish are still quite young and I would expect them to get much more aggressive in the coming months before the upgrade, especially with a breeding pair in there

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep. From the little i know about Africans i can say that its not a great idea...

I wont list about compatibility as i honestly don't really know...

Venustus get big, too big for a 37.

Breeding pairs of any Cichlid are usually extremely aggressive.

A small footprint of the tank isn't helping anything...

Also, fish can grow a helluva lot in a year. I buy an Oscar now, 12 months later its hitting up 10 inches. So you're probably needing that upgrade in a lot sooner time frame that "about a year"...

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

With those fish in a year there will be a death in that small of a tank IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Its not your opinion, its for sure going to happen. They will either kill each other off, or get stunted and die that way... It wont work out.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Confused!!!!!

Hello people I'm new to this site and want to say thank you for the acceptance!!!! I have a snowflake eel which was given to me and I've been doing some research and Coke to find out he is not freshwater. So my question is whether or not I and how much salt can I add to my cichlid tank. I have 4 parrots and some bloods.... My eel is about a foot long.
I also have a saltwater 24 gallon reef tank I'm just starting with nothing in it should I put him in there and how long will he survive if I do?

You can start a new thread for these questions, PM me or anyone else if you need help. Its better to start a new thread for this than to hijack someone else's.

Thanks!

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Its all good!

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Venustis have to be one of my favorite fish, just can't have one right now with the stock I have, but as they said with age comes more aggression.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom