I WANT TO BREED MY PARROT CICHLID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OSCAR1290

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 3 parrot cichlid
i have 2 orange and 1 dark with some orange

the 2 orange one i have it about 3 or 4 month

but i never saw it lay any eggs :(

how can we sexing them?

some ppl say we can sexing them by fin, but for me it is no different....

can someone give me a good idea

please help me with this b/c if i get the baby out my parent will buy a 75 gal tank for me :D

Attachments

• dsc00735_154.jpg
    dsc00735_154.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 50
  • dsc00742_129.jpg
    dsc00742_129.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 65
  • dsc00765_114.jpg
    dsc00765_114.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 69
Its a green terror i believe.

Im sorry to say, but parrot cichlids are cross breeds, and most are born sterile. People have had limited sucess with breeding them, although some have done it.

They are a cross between red devils and severums i believe, and usually the only way to breed them is to go back to the original fish to form the parrot

I don't have much experience with this subject though, i may be wrong. I just told you what i have read in various artilces and on various sites.

WaterPond said:
Its a green terror i believe.

Im sorry to say, but parrot cichlids are cross breeds, and most are born sterile. People have had limited sucess with breeding them, although some have done it.

+1

Unfortunately it isn't very hard to find Parrots that are viable these days. I can tell you that I see pairs at stores even the large chains that have fish protecting viable eggs or fry all the time. The Pet Supplies Plus near me decided to breed their own because they kept having babies before they could sell the adults.

I must also say that I believe that hybrid strains should not be perpetuated by anyone.

Back
Top Bottom