ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishbay

Aquarium Advice Regular
One o my cichlids has ich but not any of the others what should I do

I have it at 81 right now cause its only one fish but I put some aquarium salt in so that should help a little

Ich is gone not by any advice you guys gave me though it was good advice but I just turned the temp up to 82 and added aquarium salt

Just cause the white spots are gonna doesn't mean the ich is dead!!!

I know that but I'm still doing this cause its working I'm gonna keep the temp up still and see how it goes from there

Ich is gone not by any advice you guys gave me though it was good advice but I just turned the temp up to 82 and added aquarium salt

What you've just described is the detailed method in the link I sent, so that's exactly the "good" advice that's working.

It dident have any thing discus get Wight spots from minor fights and stress
If your discus get wight spot it will hit fast and you will most likely loose one fish. salt would help slightly but the temp change would actually help the fungal infection before you can sort it out
If you run black water it helps discus like it it is almost always used to get them to breed it makes it a bit more like they're original home and seems cut down infections I dont know if its less stress or the water itself that helps

First if you have anything that is sensitive to copper, like snails, obviously this wouldn't be a good fix for you. I have put a piece of copper piping in my filter and have never had a problem with ICH. The owner of the LFS told me about this. He said when he was a child they would just put pennies in their filter to kill ich.

This is not a good idea with discus they are sensitive to any thing that hardens the water

Back
Top Bottom