Ich treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mokos22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some input Guys and gals. I'm goin with a salt and raised temp treatment I talked to my local fish store and they recommended it before anything else. I forgot to ask them tho if I do a water change at some point to get rid of some of the parasite then add the proper amount of salt back in or just leave it. So this is where I need help.

Current temp is 81, planning on raising to 85,86 over the next day and adding 1.5 to 2 tbls salt for every 5 gallons and of course lots of aeration to keep up oxygen level.

I would go a little slower on the heat.. like 2 degrees a day. You do want to do water changes, but the main thing is gravel vacs. Every day do as much as you can. This helps get the tomites (i think thats what they're called) out of the substrate. Just replace the amount of salt for the amount of water you replace... so if you do a 50% pwc, only add back in the amount of salt for half your water volume.

Yea I'll take is easy on the temp, good call. Thanks for your knowledge tho I'll for sure clean the gravel. Now your opinion on time frame I was told to treat like this for 2 weeks. Does that sound right? I was thinking maybe till I see no more spots then treat for an extra 3 or4 days to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom