ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know its some sort of african peacock, but looking for its scientific name. Sorry for the slopy picture, saw it in a Fish Store Tank and the people only knew it as a peacock cichlid.

Some type of Orange Blotch, or OB for short, peacock. I can't tell the colors very well from the picture. Do a google images search of OB peacock and I bet you'll find it there.

Edit: Is that a geo in your avatar? Looks nice!

yeah, i guess i can see a resemblence! my last question which may not pertain to the title of this thread is, can you mix this type with other types of africans. (This is for a diplay tank in our office.)

yes, but try to keep it to africans of its own lake or there will be aggression issues. what fish are in the office tank? x

Nothing yet, Tank is cycling with a Gold Fish right now. Im giving it a week or two before i add any africans.

they are from Malawi, but dont go well with zebras apparantly (i object, iv had one in an mbuna tank) and need more peaceful Malawis. labs, fuelleborni and bumblebees tend to be nicer, but since there are so many epic colourations of peacock you dont need to mix loads of different species :)

Different peacocks are different species within the genus Aulonocara. The OB peacock is an exception, as it is a manmade hybrid and thus has no scientific name.
The OB Peacock

Back
Top Bottom