id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isiah1820

Aquarium Advice Freak
Need id forgot name but display tank had them as f1 I remember that much, and I'm talking about the speckled one in the pictures

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121128_213220.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121128_213220.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 104
  • ForumRunner_20121128_213245.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121128_213245.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20121128_213302.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121128_213302.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 109
  • ForumRunner_20121128_213318.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121128_213318.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 106
Here are more

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121129_131624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121129_131624.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20121129_131632.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121129_131632.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 92
All my fish are bigger or same size there mbuna

That's why I said "not for to much longer". It doesn't matter if they are Mbuna or not. He will out grow those other fish. Polys reach 8-9" and at that point your Mbuna will be snacks, trust me.
You have to consider the fact that these large predators in Malawi like Polys have evolved to eat Mbuna and their fry, they are allot meaner then people think. A full grown Poly tried to eat my 5-7" Exochromis not even 5 minutes after being added to the tank.

I hear what your saying guy and I'm telling you as of right now he's not eating any one in my tank he's actually being chased by my ob and it will be gone by time he gets that size or a upgraded tank.

Also I know they get big but I doubt they try to eat a full grown mbuna I read up on them they eat any thing that FITS in its mouth otherwise there peaceful.

I hear what your saying guy and I'm telling you as of right now he's not eating any one in my tank he's actually being chased by my ob and it will be gone by time he gets that size or a upgraded tank.

Also I know they get big but I doubt they try to eat a full grown mbuna I read up on them they eat any thing that FITS in its mouth otherwise there peaceful.

I'm just saying keep an eye on him. If its an male he will come into his own later on and will terrorize the tank. Even if the fish is to big to be eaten in one gulp they will still try, a 6" Exochromis is hardly an easy bitsize meal but he still tried and the Exo had to be pulled out of the mouth.

Obviously research wasn't done on them if you still ended up putting a large predator in a tank with Mbuna. But hey they probably didn't come with a disclaimer.

Research was done what I found on the net was they could be kept with other mbuna and haps that can't fit into its mouth. So unless a majority of what I was reading is wrong I will keep him till a problem arises. Nothing I read said they were aggressive like mbuna unless its breeding time or another male poly is in the same tank, or small fish.

Befor u gave me your input I only asked for id and already knew was just tryna confirm on AA so thanks for the info and will keep an eye on him as I do all my fish.

Research was done what I found on the net was they could be kept with other mbuna and haps that can't fit into its mouth. So unless a majority of what I was reading is wrong I will keep him till a problem arises. Nothing I read said they were aggressive like mbuna unless its breeding time or another male poly is in the same tank, or small fish.

Befor u gave me your input I only asked for id and already knew was just tryna confirm on AA so thanks for the info and will keep an eye on him as I do all my fish.

Mbuna aren't aggressive they are just snotty! ;-)

http://cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1159

The male colors are great I can see an all hap tank in the future with jus this class of hap.

Wow lmao but but that is a rusty not a kenyi,bee, or arturus or any other aggressive mbuna species

Rusty Behavior: I. sprengerae is non-territorial and a relatively non-aggressive mbuna. Since they are not very aggressive it is possible to keep several males in a tank 48 inches long. The only aggression displayed from this fish is inter-species aggression from male to male or male to female and this will rarely result in injury or worse. These should not be kept with large and more aggressive mbuna unless given tank space and hiding places.

I'm fully aware of the nature of rusties I was just showing you they will try and eat something much larger than their own mouth.

Back
Top Bottom