Id and help sex please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justkell

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone tell me what link of fish this is I am hopping its a jack Dempsey but not 100% sure also anyone know if male or female
Thanks

image-500916617.jpg

I'm not very good at what's this fish. But it kinda looks similar to a baby convict.

Definitely a jack Dempsey sex is difficult with that pic get a nice side shot with extended fins.

Thank you the guy at my LFS what new and the guy I normally buy from wasn't there yesterday I will try and get a side view in a sec

I'm guessing, but say female just due to shape and positioning of anal fin. Also, dorsal fin seems pointed but not long.. could be wrong though. I read somewhere that fins aren't alwaus accurate and that the speckles vs. blotches on face is good way to tell, but, again, just opinion. I'm sure you'll get more responses.

Thank you all so much I was pretty sure it was a JD anyone else take a guess at sexing would e awesome I am also looking online too !

I will say with 90% certainty that its a male but just from the pic is not guaranteed! But definatly very confident it's male!! Males have pointed anal and dorsal fins with a red tipped edge.

Judging by the spangling around and on the operculum I would say female. A better pick would help but its def a jack Dempsey.

Back
Top Bottom