ID/ feeding questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

froggygirl37

Aquarium Advice Regular
These are my first 3 cichlids bought from the assorted tank at the fish store.

I was told theyre omnivores, but am looking for a proper ID to make sure i was informed correctly. Any feeding reccomendations greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120312_000727.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120312_000727.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 84
  • ForumRunner_20120312_010333.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120312_010333.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
Looks like white scolofi and yellow lab in first pic and a kenyi in second. A good quality pellet food is ideal. I would suggest nls cichlid food or hikari has some good cichlid food as well. Just make sure any food u feed has 40% min crude protein or lower. Too much protein for these fish will cause bloat.

First picture looks like a yellow lab and an albino zebra and the second picture looks like a kenyi possibly a female but hard to tell when they're young.
I would feed them a good quality pellet.Make sure the pellet has less than 40% protein content as mbuna don't do well with a high protein diet.

Okay thanks alot :)
Is there any frozen food of fresh vegetables I can give occasionally with the pellets?

I've never fed mine any vegetables but a lot of people on here feed blanched peas to their cichlids.Occasionally I give mine frozen Brineshrimp cubes as a treat maybe once a month.

Back
Top Bottom