ID help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Girl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Still not sure on this guy. He's grown some and colouring up nicely. Has a bluish green sheen around the jaw and quite yellow through the back. Any ideas?

image-3669700655.jpg

image-4291211072.jpg

image-1224320808.jpg

image-2743151487.jpg

image-1761002559.jpg

garfy said:
I would think possibly a red empress or something similar.

Oh that would be very cool! I googled images and it does look a lot like the female or juvie with that lateral line. Thanks Garfy. Hope you're right!

Thanks! I got him from my LFS in Brisbane from the assorted peacocks tank. He's one of my favourites personality wise too :)

I'd lean towards hybrid seeing it came out of an assorted peacock tank.

You could be lucky, and it turn out to be a true species. The line down the side is a clue that it is likely to be a Protomelas, or have that genus in it. As suggested before could be a red empress, but P. spilonotus also has bars down the side.

mattrox said:
I'd lean towards hybrid seeing it came out of an assorted peacock tank.

You could be lucky, and it turn out to be a true species. The line down the side is a clue that it is likely to be a Protomelas, or have that genus in it. As suggested before could be a red empress, but P. spilonotus also has bars down the side.

Hmmm ok. Well I guess time will tell. I've had this guy about 5 weeks and he's maybe 4cm not including tail so he's still got a lot of growing to do. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom