ID help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirrilah fish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Totally forgot/not sure what this is, about 2". Strawberry? Crystal Ruby Red, pretty sure it's not a dragons blood, or a zebra right? Came out of a mixed peacock tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398104561.302482.jpg

I thought it was a strawberry, but pictures of strawberry look a little different, I think I'll just have to wait until it grows up.

Looks like one of mine guy said it was a straberry peacock. Idk though I think I have a male and femail.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks like one of mine guy said it was a straberry peacock. Idk though I think I have a male and femail.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya that's what I remember. Mines a male, pictures of strawberries online look so different.

That's not good, I have an all male tank. They sold it too me as a male. I guess we'll see. The males don't chase it. In fact it does most of the chasing.

Could end up with some really funky hybrids maybe. We'll wait and see I guess.

What makes it a female? It's Anal fin is SUPER pointy, like a spear. I would never second guess it's a male, but obviously you know something I don't.

I'm not claiming to know it all by any means lol. The anal fin may be pointed but in the pic it just seems rather small to be as male IMO. can you post another pic?

I'm not claiming to know it all by any means lol. The anal fin may be pointed but in the pic it just seems rather small to be as male IMO. can you post another pic?

I actually vented it last night. It's a male. I see what your saying in the pic though.

By the way, I just reread that post. Sorry if it came across snarky, or sarcastic, I sincerely thought you had some info I didn't.

Looks just like a red Crystal. I have one as well and he looks just like your guy there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure if it helps but he looks a lot like 2 that I have. They were labeled at the fish store as sunburst peacocks. I had 2 I got as juvies and both were male but looked different the one stayed an almost white color and the other one turned more orange colored. I wasn't sure if they were male either until I removed the dominant male from the tank and they squared off for dominance. I had to split them up. It's hard to see but the one is a definite orange color. Hope this helps. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398471994.456536.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398472010.396491.jpg

Back
Top Bottom