Id needed if you want a challange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VOZIE

Aquarium Advice Activist
Went to my local fish shop which always gives good advise. I was looking for a tank mate for my Oscar and found a stunning fish that I have never heard about before. After a long conversation with the chap I decided to buy the fish. It's stunning.

However it's now settling in the tank and is a little shy so is hiding. This is not unusual so not worried. Only thing is I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. All I remember is it starts with syn or sym. Anyone know of a chiclids that has a double barrelled name starting with the above.

I will take photo but he is hiding away for now. Feel a little silly that I have a fish and can't remember what it's called.

I leave myself notes to remember stuff so my memory is really bad at the best of times.

No checked out on web. It's a large brightly coloured chiclid Thanks tho.

Hope pic helps. Flash was on by mistake.

Attachments

• image-2490123661.jpg
    image-2490123661.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 117
I see why you have suggested this fish. They are very similar in appearance I grant you. My only concern is that it's not the name the guy at the LFS said. Closest yet tho. Please keep suggestions coming. Will feel a fool calling shop tomorrow to ask what fish I brought. Lol.

Synspillum might be wrong spelling. Are they one of the same.

Yea I'm between that and bifasciatus, leaning a little more towards bifa.

My main reasoning is the lateral line is well defined, and the body shape is more sleek, as well as the head being quite red

Either way, it does not appear to be a synspillium, but the three mentioned species are typically mistaken for each other in fish stores

Back
Top Bottom