I'd please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I believe so also...I have this buddy that is gettin this fish & claims he's kept Africans in the past but he doesn't understand the need for cycling his tank before adding the fish...believes that you fill the tank w/tap water,stabilize the temp&add fish...cannot talk any sense into him,sad part being I sold him the tank in which he's most likely gonna use to kill this awesome red devil with...

So maybe offer him up some of your media??? It's a quick way to cycle..... Are you running more than one filter? You could give him media from one?

Offered to help em along but he says cycling isn't necessary&its something made up to get people to spend more money...even though everyone he talks to insists on how important it is...

Look up Midas cichlid on google. Looks like the Red Devil has more of a pointy face. I think its a Midas.

That's a male red devil or Midas all the same.... He is handsome I have 2 males n one female

he needs to know cycling = putting safe 'stuff' in the filter and killing bad 'stuff' from the water.

show him threads on cycling and how it has murdered many a fish if the aquarist does not know what cycling is.

i heard Midas cichlids can live for 10+ years in good conditions, but i guess the one in the pic is at least 2 years old, i want to say four because of the shaping. so its got a lot of life left in it and its not fair if its wasted by an unprepared owner, the owner has to truly love a fish like that! x

it would help to give him 50% of your media and get some more for yourself, then his tank will cycle quicker and your tank will have healthier fresher media.

what tank size does he have? x x x

good good, that will be the basic part of keeping the fish. now to cover the things that may just kill it... lol. i hope things are going well with explaining cycling?

Back
Top Bottom