Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redrider

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought this fish at the LFS and was told it is a male Kenyi, I have a male and female Kenyi, Yellow & Blue, I have never seen a white except an albino with red eyes, could someone please let me know if this is Kenyi, it has the bars and does have a tint of yellow, thanks.Ken Iphone 4 004.jpg

Ken Iphone 4 086.jpg (254.9 KB) I believe this is a shot of my male Kenyi, doesnt look anything like this white one.

Attachments

• Ken Iphone 4 086.jpg
    Ken Iphone 4 086.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 80
They yellow one is a male Kenyi

Females and males are the same yellow color until they are about 2 inches then the male brightens up and the female goes blue

I know, I have both male and female, that's why I dont think this white one is Kenyi, and this white one is not aggressive like my male Kenyi, very timid..
Ken Iphone 4 019.jpg (205.8 KB), here's my female........

Attachments

• Ken Iphone 4 019.jpg
    Ken Iphone 4 019.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 71
Great color on her. Normally they are really pale

But yea that white one is some kind of mix of something

Great color on her. Normally they are really pale

But yea that white one is some kind of mix of something

That's what I was thinking, my male kenyi was hyper dominate and beat this one up pretty good, my male kenyi was fighting last night with another fish when I went to bed, and I found him dead this morning, now this white thing and my female are playing around ...

Yea Kenyi are very aggressive cichlids extremely territorial

Ya my male would pick on every new fish the longest, even more than the king, he picked the wrong fight last night, kinda sucks, I really like that fish, had him since it was about an inch, he died at about 5 inch, and had 3 kills under his belt..

Back
Top Bottom