Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joostrom

Aquarium Advice Activist
ID please

Attachments

• image-1957256145.jpg
    image-1957256145.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 67
sometimes they can. i say female beacuse of the yellow, but i have a friend that swears that he has a male that is yellow. his also has egg spots and he thinks that he seen it mate with a female. so it is hard to say with that. but it is deffinatly a yellow johanni and i would say 75% female. you might be able to look into it more online or let someone else input on this.

Ok. I know it's hard to tell but it has red eyes like an albino, could it be an albino Johanni?

i dont think it is albino. if it was it would be more white. there is a definition for fish with red eyes...just not sure what it is off the top of my head. it could have the albion gene which made its eyes red just not its body.

Oh ok. Sorry if I seem confused I showed the same picture to a guy at my lfs and ha said it was an albino yellow lab... I'm not 100% sure on that either

it could be some kind of albion yellow lab hybrid. its really hard to say but it is a hybrid because of the red eye and yellow body. sorry if im confusing you lol

That's not a Johanni. Body shape is way different. Color looks off too. Looks like some sort of yellow lab cross breed to me. Nice looking either way

Back
Top Bottom