Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jahonnimyfav101

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390353248.259348.jpg I just got him....... Were my petco is they are stupid they told me Tht he was a assorted cichlid not any other kind need better pic just say

Sorry, just looked real quick. I'm not sure what it is, other than it is from Malawi in eastern Africa. If you have a ram, take the new one back. Blue rams won't fare well with Mbuna.

Sorry, just looked real quick. I'm not sure what it is, other than it is from Malawi in eastern Africa. If you have a ram, take the new one back. Blue rams won't fare well with Mbuna.

I could not agree more. These fish absolutely do not belong together. The ram will end up dead eventually.

As an aside, there are a lot of great pet store employees out there. There are a lot of NOT so great pet store employees out there. When you're new to the hobby, you probably won't know which is which, so a good rule of thumb is to not depend on them for advice. The onus is on us as hobbyists to do the research that is necessary for maintaining an appropriately stocked tank. Pet store employees are there to sell fish. It's nice when they know what they are doing, but don't ever count on it. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom