Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fshfanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought this from a local retailer today...he was nor sure what it is....it looks like a convict but with a shiny Jd like colour...lacks any dots though...il upload better pics asap....please helpImageUploadedByTapatalk1396208317.965975.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396208387.159483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patience.. Maybe you should do some research if your own.. Google has lots of pictures..

I did...the only problem is...if this is some hybrid cichlid, il return it...on a vacation..only one day left...so will have to take a decision by tmr?

Seems like a poor decision to buy a fish on a whim like that?? How would you know your tank conditions are suited for it? I'd say take it back and do some research, you could always find one online..

I live in India, so the options are very limited over here...we don't get fishes online...so the best option is to check local pet stores whenever u can with a hope of finding something new...it took me 1 year to purchase an electric blue Jd...more over I know its not an afro...and I have 4 cichlid tanks at home...so will be able to satisfy his basic needs for sure?

I apologize, I should have asked.. Now that you have the id will you keep it? Cool looking fish!

I apologize, I should have asked.. Now that you have the id will you keep it? Cool looking fish!

It does look very nice...right now its not in good condition though...most of the pet stores here keep fishes in pathetic conditions...they almost always lack colour or fins....i envy u ppl when i look at the options u get...?

It does look very nice...right now its not in good condition though...most of the pet stores here keep fishes in pathetic conditions...they almost always lack colour or fins....i envy u ppl when i look at the options u get...?

It must be tough not being able to find a decent selection. I get pissed when I go to the fish store and can't find what I want but that sounds much tougher.

Trust me it is....m not saying this is the case everywhere....but mostly the salesmen are ignorant..they don't give a **** which part of the world this fish is from, what are the conditions it will require...their only motive is to sell it and earn money out of it...no matter if the fish is going to a good house or not....nywy...things are supposed to get better with time?

The blueish sheen is typically seen in amatitlania siquia, rather than nigrofasciata (convict). They are very similar species, but the temperament is quite a bit different. HRP's are typically more laid back. For a while HRP's were thought to be just a collection point of nigrofasciata, and weren't officially given a species name until fairly recently (siquia).

The first picture in the bags are siquia. The second and third picture are of nigrofasciata. I'm assuming the second/thrid picture are different fish from the first? Otherwise they settled in something weird lol

Yup...the first one is what I just bought yesterday...the second and third are my breeding pair of convicts. Il post some more pic of hrp as I have him in tank now.?

Back
Top Bottom