ID this fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I believe it's a peacock, my lfs got a couple in, he gave me a really good deal on him. Told me the name, but I forgot, and he is a scatter brain, so it may not even be what he said it was. What do you guys think?

image-3113468409.jpg

Its not an ahli. The black stripes are to pronounced on the side. I would say it's an azureus hap but I don't think that's right either.

I believe he had it marked as a nyassae peacock...

Could be a masoni, he has red in his fins. I don't think that's to common in masonis is it?

Could be a masoni, he has red in his fins. I don't think that's to common in masonis is it?

In the larger males I believe it's common to have the dark orange/red in the fins. It's hard to tell in that picture but does your fish have a white crest on the top of the dorsal?

In the larger males I believe it's common to have the dark orange/red in the fins. It's hard to tell in that picture but does your fish have a white crest on the top of the dorsal?

Ya, definitely has a white crest on his top fin.

Still could be a nyassae, found a very similar pic on google when searching "peacock cichlid males" and found one similar and it was a nyassae

Back
Top Bottom