ID? What kind of ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chileno

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought this two rams today at my lfs but I'm not sure if they are gbr or not? I have a breeding pair of gbr already on another tank but this two look way bigger than my pair and less color, can it be another kind? Ill post some pics

image-2209066167.jpg

image-163277691.jpg

image-584163902.jpg

image-320407092.jpg

Thanks!! So why are they way bigger? Could it be that they were fed with hormones? I've heard ppl do that. And the colors are soooo much brighter on my other pair? Why could that be?

Thanks!! So why are they way bigger? Could it be that they were fed with hormones? I've heard ppl do that. And the colors are soooo much brighter on my other pair? Why could that be?

They are defiantly mikrogeophagus ramirezi. Have you ever seen a full grown mikrogeophagus ramirezi? They can get bigger than most people would think. Breeding size is far from full grown

Well I've seen a lot of pics and videos of them, and I've seen big ones and some like mine, but this ones look very different from the one I've seen on videos, one example is that one of the ones i bought doesn't have the black circle on the side, that was odd to me

That's usually found with lower grade mikrogeophagus ramirezi, doesn't mean they are feed hormones just not from strong good genes. I've had a few like them

Ohhh ok i see, now that they are in my tank they look better and more color,

The really bright German blue rams are extensively line bred, that coloration is closer to what I've seen in wild, normal type rams

So the less color ones are the closer to the wild ones?

Thats what I was thinking too, because people try to put more color on their fish so they can sell better. That's why they made the electric blue rams right? Which is not a natural color for the fish

Wow you got fish swimming through your kitchen. LOL first two pics kind of looking they are cruising to the fridge.

Ok so after one day their colors are coming out more and more and they are doing really good in my tank ;) im happy. So my question is....... What sex do you think they are? Male or female?

image-894426311.jpg

image-3206940657.jpg

image-2486857353.jpg

image-2765410961.jpg

image-1851518736.jpg

image-854366408.jpg

The first three pics are the ones i believe to be a female? Maybe. And the last 3 are the male? I could be way off

:) cool they look so nice now, and they swim together all over the tank.

Thank you, I wasn't sure when I bought them because they had no color at the lfs, but now I'm really happy i got them

Back
Top Bottom