Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masai

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can you please identify this fish.

Features:

Colour : silver

Markings : stripes in the top half of the fish by the tail it has some thick black (lines) . The other half is silver

Tail: white spots including fins, one long fin along the bottom, 1 dorsal fin

Antenea: are on the underside just ibfront of the long fin

Mouth: it is small and it is on the same level as the eyes

I hope i am clear enough.

I can't make a call based on your description, so maybe you can put a picture up? That would certainly help a great deal coupled with your description!

Can a moderator please move this thread to the "Freshwater & Brackish - Fish or Plant Profiles" forum?

If you are sure this is a type of Chichlid - then I have no idea.

If you're just asking about any type of fish - your description (and the antennae) make it sound like an Opaline Gourami.

p-89807-Opaline-Guor.jpg

P30235.jpg

Can a moderator please move this thread to the "Freshwater & Brackish - Fish or Plant Profiles" forum?

Nope, that forum is only to be used for posting information about fish- http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f29/what-goes-in-this-forum-151203.html

If you are sure this is a type of Chichlid - then I have no idea.

If you're just asking about any type of fish - your description (and the antennae) make it sound like an Opaline Gourami.

p-89807-Opaline-Guor.jpg

P30235.jpg
I would have to agree, sounds like a gourami of some sort...

A picture would be very helpful, even if it's not great.

Here is the picture, it does look very similar to da pics above but notice the difference on the dorsal fin

Attachments

• image-4242371689.jpg
    image-4242371689.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 79
It's a female opaline gourami, males have a longer pointed dorsal. Females hav a shorter but rounded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom