In need of some red african chiclids !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toddster180

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just putting it out there , am in need of some red in my tank which is a hap and peacock set up at the min , does any body know of any African chiclids which are deep red in colour ? Thanks Andy

not sure if they are compatible,but jewel cichlids can get really nice red colouring

I can only think of line breed fish that would be suitable for that setup. A linebred Ngara red flame tail can get pretty red though it would still have a blue base. The first photo is a Ngara breeder I have. The second photo is of a nice German red breeder that I have. Not quite blood red but there are many options out there. Bright yellow would be a nice addition as well. Some dragon blood strains can get great reds also

Attachments

• image-3629280407.jpg
    image-3629280407.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3850795517.jpg
    image-3850795517.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3059989449.jpg
    image-3059989449.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for the options guys I think I'll be ordering some German reds from my local fish shop!

Have you guys got any info on the red cherry Hap as am struggling to find anything on the net , just what size they will reach feeding etc ...

You wouldn't want a zebra in with those fish. Although it may be okay, most likely your haps and peacocks will be unhappy, bullied and fin nipped

Fallout801 said:
You wouldn't want a zebra in with those fish. Although it may be okay, most likely your haps and peacocks will be unhappy, bullied and fin nipped

My bad. Didn't see it was a peacock & hap tank. Agreed, stay away from the zebra.

What about a Eureka red?

Hmmmm I like those ! I suppose it will be a case of where I can get hold of them. , do you know any exotic breeders in the uk ?

Back
Top Bottom