In the 29/40 with the Salvini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What could i do with it? I have some requirements and no ideas! Looking for AMERICAN ?? fish that are pretty common as online ordering isn't an option. The tank wont be set up immediately. The only thing they would have to live with is a Salvini. Im not looking for other Cichlids, just other fish to live in there to add activity.

-non planted tank
-fish native to the Americas
-common fish
-mix of bottom feeders and top-level swimmers

I was thinking about Swordtails and Bronze Cories. Thats all i have in mind. Also, would American Flagfish work? They are a small Killifish...

This tank will be upgraded to a 40 breeder ASAP. Wont buy fish until then.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Any dithers you put with a salvini will need to be replaced on a regular basis.
I'm not saying not to do it just keep it cheap. I used Buenos aires tetras but would wake up every so often to some of them eaten or partially eaten and the remains scattered over the sand. The Buenos were about 2" and the salvini about 4" when this started.

Yeah okay. I just accidentally sacrificed a Khuli Loach to him. I forgot what the Salvini was capable of for a sec, figured the loach would be fine with hiding in the rocks. Then it swam up, and got immediately swallowed.

So I'm looking at a murderer and basically wondering "should i throw in a few more victims so the tank looks better".

I would have to use Tiger Barbs or Danios i think...

Tiger barbs won't work either. I lost 10 to a 5" JD. Same situation as Mike. Lights go out, barbs go head down sleep mode and they get plucked off one by one.

Jesse

Take a look at my 40b stocking tread. HUKIT posted a picture of one of his salvini with a close up of their teeth. That picture tells the whole story.

Yeah I've done some more reading on Tigers. So a larger Tetra or some GD.

And I've already seen the teeth on mine, they pointy!!

Back
Top Bottom