Info on bolivian rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That depends on your tank. They do fine alone or in pairs. Though they are very calm for cichlids, they will still defend their territory while spawning, so the choice between a pair or a single depends on the tank size and tankmates.

2 dalmation mollies and 6 lamp eyed tetras in a 110l tank, my mum brought me a Bolivian ram from the pet shop as a gift because she thought he had a lovely colour... I normally look into fish before getting them, but anyway I have him now and want to make sure he's happy, he hasn't coloured up at all and doesn't really eat much, I looked them up online and they said they do well in pairs or groups, I didn't know whether the little guy was lonely maybe?

Well, your stock and tank are fine. I have kept them both ways and they definitely do fine singly. You have space for another if you want one though. It takes them awhile to color up sometimes, depending on their age. Also, they can be a little shy at first.

Cichlid Kid said:
If you decide on a pair or bachelor group this will also help bring out some color.

I ended up getting another one and the first is a lot more active now, and has coloured up beautifully! :)

Back
Top Bottom