Interested in Kribensis, few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone:)
Ive been reading a lot about the dawrf kribensis, but have a few questions.

Are they easy fish to take are of? I want a male and female and they will live in a 30 gallon. Is this a good or bad idea? I have some plants and will add caves. I don't really care if they breed or not. I just want pretty fish.
Is it recommended for a beginner?

That's a lot of personality already.. Kribs go nuts when they breed.. Perhaps a small school of something instead?

Dang it. Haha. Well what if I changed the 30 gallon to a 55 gallon? Would that be a little more space?

Dang it. Haha. Well what if I changed the 30 gallon to a 55 gallon? Would that be a little more space?

I think a 55 would be better than a 30 but I wouldn't go for a pair id go for a single. I have one in my 55 and she's already aggressive enough, I couldn't imagine adding another.

I thought they were semi aggressive and super aggressive when breeding?

Okay. I'll most likely wait till I get a 55.

Are they easy fish to care for though?

I had mine with a bunch of tropical fish including angels, guppies, rams, barbs, platys, and loaches. He was super aggressive and the rams had enough of his crap and killed him...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had mine with a bunch of tropical fish including angels, guppies, rams, barbs, platys, and loaches. He was super aggressive and the rams had enough of his crap and killed him... Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
rams go hard!!! "Don't play no punk krib!!!" Rams are awesome!!

I loved my rams :p they're really the only fish I miss out of my old tank. I had to sell them because I started a peacock/hap tank.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are definitely active and fairly easy to take care of, but if you are a beginner. I don't recommend them because they are gentle fish, they have to live in good water conditions as well.

I'm hoping to get a 55 from the 1$ per gallon sale at petco. Maybe then I'll be able to get a pair. Thank you guys.

I'll voice my 2c. I keep a SINGLE pair in a 20L and they breed like crazy, but that's all that's in the tank.

i have a pair of breeding kribs in a 29g and they chase everyone away when they have babies. i also have another pair in a corner 55 with 3 pairs of angels and they dont bother anybody

Back
Top Bottom