Intro and new fake saltwater tank and soon to be Oscar tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the red zebra is already being a jerk. I hate it as I've owned him a year and a half but he is about to be placed for adoption soon. He just can't seem to coexist with anything else.

Different number of posts per page. My app is set to show 50 per page, so its page 1 for me lol

Jesse

Good to know. Guess I will use post # from now on. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So as some of you may have seen in other posts around the forum I am planning a new world cichlid tank. There is still so much research to do and I'll have lots of questions I'm sure.

I'm still a while out on starting it so don't expect it by next week or anything. Thanks so much to those that have hung around.

Brief update on things,

60 Gallon
This tank is still running great. My hansbaenchi is still growing daily and is the tank boss. I removed the crabro so the list now reads
2 peacocks
2 electric yellows
1 acei
1 convict
1 rainbow shark

The 29
1 bumblebee
1 red top zebra

The 5.5
Still doing well, a little plant growth.
1 male guppy
2 harlequin rasboras.

Any SA/CA info tips or suggestions please fire away.

What size tank are you working with?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 40b to start. I'll be buying mostly juvies.

The near future plan is the 60 gallon for my Africans, a 75 gallon which I want to make my new world tank and then re using the 40 for something else after the fish are moved to the 75. I make pretty good money so setting the 75 up from the start is possible but two things, 1) the floor in my current rental worries me. I check my 60 daily for any signs of shifting. 2) I'm moving from said rental sometime within the next few months and I feel a lot better about taking down a 40 vs a 75 on top of the tanks I'll already have to move.

So in short a 40 to start with a 75 being about as big as I want to go.

I believe so. The first thing I had to decide was South or Central American. Its going to be Central. Im not wanting any huge fish, no Oscars. Im looking for a multi fish tank.

I believe so. The first thing I had to decide was South or Central American. Its going to be Central. Im not wanting any huge fish, no Oscars. Im looking for a multi fish tank.

I would start a new thread if your discussing a new stock list.

I would look into Herichthys, such as pantostictus.

-6_2_3.jpg

labridens.

turquoise sp.

27198-albums10983-picture63117.jpg

Last edited:
I would start a new thread if your discussing a new stock list.

I would look into Herichthys, such as pantostictus.

-6_2_3.jpg

labridens.

turquoise sp.

27198-albums10983-picture63117.jpg

Oh man! You just had to didn't you....... Now I think I know what I want to go with. The labridens is irresistible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom