Is a python better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malawi Freak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had my aqueon for a few years now and I guess there is a life expectancy for it.

Are pythons made better?

Attachments

• image-1176828807.jpg
    image-1176828807.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 110
I prefer the water adapter on the python but I've broken those too, I seem to average around 3-4 years before I need a new one. The ones I'm using now are Lee's but they are identical to python except they are blue and cheaper.

Last edited:
Thanks. Before I bought this one always made my own, now comes the decision to make another one (this time I would reuse the rest) or just buy another.

Hey Malawi, that happened to me twice. Once I got a total replacement unit from the company. The second I got a replacement part. It's the rubber washer right? At least that's what is was with me. The rubber washer or gasket in there blew out. My wife was yelling one time and I was like "what?!?!" she's like "there's water all over the place!!!!" I'm thinking she's crazy! I walk into the room and was like "ohhhhhhh.... Yeah... Well this isn't good" as the water is hitting the wall.

Give the company a call. Can't hurt.

Good idea.

Oh wait, I just bought this last week right. Yeah. It's brand new and leaking?!? I demand a new one. Lol

I read a DIY post on another site that talked about using a waterbed drain/fill kit. They claimed it was cheaper, and a better quality plastic. Don't know if this is true, seeing as my faucet doesn't allow me to connect anything to it. I just thought I would share that. If I can find it again, I'll post it.

Crawdaddy said:
I read a DIY post on another site that talked about using a waterbed drain/fill kit. They claimed it was cheaper, and a better quality plastic. Don't know if this is true, seeing as my faucet doesn't allow me to connect anything to it. I just thought I would share that. If I can find it again, I'll post it.

Here it is.
http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-aquarium-tools/73.asp

Malawi Freak said:
Good idea.

Oh wait, I just bought this last week right. Yeah. It's brand new and leaking?!? I demand a new one. Lol

Yeah I remember you telling me you bought one Tuesday. Can't believe that it broke already. Must be defective ;)

Thanks Hukit, ordered.

Good find with that thread, a lot members here can benefit from that. I still wonder why on earth I carried buckets of water back and forth for years and years.

We've had loads of issues with our Aqueon changer and had to replace parts. Finally, we said fuggedaboudit and got another Python.

Back
Top Bottom